Oberg Properties was established in 1984 and is a family owned and operated full service real estate brokerage. For over 30 years our firm has provided property management services to property owners in Lakeway, Lake Travis, Spicewood, Hudson Bend, Apache Shores, Briarcliff, The Hills of Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, Falconhead, Flintrock Falls, Lake Pointe, Westlake Hills, and the Austin metroplex.
WE KNOW THE TERRITORY
Because we have lived here, raised our kids here and serviced properties throughout the area, we know the ins and outs of the Lake Travis Community better than anyone. Not just the obvious benefits, but the hidden amenities only the “insiders” know; the little things that make a big difference when representing your property.
Landlords – Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have experience managing rental property yourself?
- Are you familiar with fair housing and landlord/tenant laws in the jurisdiction(s) where your property is located?
- Do you have relationships with contractors that ensure you can get 24 hour service at reasonable prices?
- Do you have a reliable means to determine fair market rent and returns on your investment property?
- Do you know and have the proper notices and legal process to deal with non-paying tenants?
- Do you have a current, professionally crafted lease and related agreements/forms to minimize your exposure to liability in the event of a lawsuit?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, it might be prudent to hire a professional management team. The cost of one bad decision could more than offset the cost of hiring a professional manager to help you avoid the pitfalls of rental property ownership.
What is a Property Manager?
At Oberg Properties, our property managers are full-time managers who do not sell real estate. Why is this important?
The real estate sales market is extremely competitive. Over the last several years, demand for housing has grown and supply has tightened in many of the markets we serve. Many sales agents have made the decision to supplement their sales income by small-scale rental management. As a landlord, dealing with someone who is only managing 5, 10, or 20 properties sounds good until you understand the differences between these part-time property managers and the focused, full- time managers we have at Oberg Properties.
Our property managers devote a tremendous amount of time and energy to staying current on rental laws, court practices and legislation. They participate in their respective property management councils and other professional organizations to stay up to date on fair housing laws, lead based paint disclosure and testing requirements, mold remediation and case law, asbestos, and a myriad of other issues affecting landlords. Agents who “do rentals” part-time frequently forgo this ongoing education in favor of playing the odds that it won’t happen to them.
The bottom line: Experience and education count! Our property management team has the experience and resources to deal with situations quickly, efficiently, legally, and with minimal exposure to liability for our clients.
Can you afford not to hire an experienced, professional property manager?
- • Comprehensive In-House Brokerage Services
- • Robust Marketing of Lease Property
- • Extensive Tenant-Applicant Screening
- • Credit, Rental History, & Criminal Background Checks
- • Tenant Procurement
- • Contract Negotiation & Execution
- • We use leases promulgated by the Texas Apartment Association (TAA)
FULL-SERVICE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- • Long-Time Vendor Relationships
- • 24/7 Emergency Management Service
- • Accurate & Efficient Computerized Accounting
- • Monthly & Annual Financial Statements
- • Make-Ready Consulting
- • Exceptional Tenant Relations
- • Excellent Rent Collection & Tenant Deposit Settlements
- • Extensive Knowledge of Local and State Laws